Canadian Rural Health Research Society
The Canadian Rural Health Research Society (CRHRS) is an organization of researchers and their community partners. The mission of CRHRS is to facilitate research and knowledge translation aimed at understanding and promoting the health of people living in rural and remote Canada.
The Canadian Rural Health Research Society offers the opportunity for researchers and their collaborators to network with new and established researchers of many disciplines engaged in rural, remote and northern health research. Each year, at our annual scientific meetings we discuss current findings and seek to build new and extend existing networks among those with common research interests and goals.
- To share the findings of recent and ongoing research on rural health
- To discuss intervention strategies and policy approaches designed to assist rural residents and their communities in achieving the best possible health outcomes
- To facilitate partnerships involving researchers and decision makers in new interdisciplinary research teams
- To share successful methods of knowledge mobilization
- To discuss ways in which rural researchers and decision makers can work together in developing policy-relevant research and creating evidence-informed rural health policies